The Streetlight Lighting is decentralised with all the zones and the Streetlight Department at the Head Quarters co-ordinates all this activities. The functions of the Streetlight Department can be summarised as stated below:
- Providing street light on all the roads within SMC limits.
- Installing High Masts on all the major traffic junctions.
- Providing Decorative Luminaries and Poles wherever necessary.
- Energy Management so as to cut down on the O&M expenses on electricity.
- Minimising the Failure rate of the streetlights and hence providing maximum uptime by carrying out regular maintenance works.